Cooking rice perfectly is an art, but sometimes rice grains can become soggy and sticky due to excess starch, overcooking, or low-quality rice, affecting the meal experience. To avoid this, follow these steps
1. Wash and Soak: Rinse and soak rice before cooking to remove excess starch and any impurities.
2. Drain Excess Water: Ensure you don’t add too much water in your rice while cooking, and drain any excess water to prevent sogginess.
3. Stirring: Stir rice occasionally to prevent sticking and mushiness.
4. Adjust Water: If rice turns sticky, add extra water to dilute starch, then drain excess water after cooking.
5. Reheat Carefully: Reheat rice on low heat to avoid overcooking, preserving the texture.
6. Microwave Method: Spread rice on parchment paper, bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes to remove excess moisture and restore texture.